By subscribing to and continuing to subscribe to the services rendered by the Company, you indicate your consent and acceptance of the terms of this Policy.
Under the Data Privacy Act, persons whose personal, sensitive or privileged information are collected, stored and processed are called “Data Subjects”. Institutions which deal with these information are duty bound to uphold the rights of Data Subjects, as well as to adhere to general data privacy principles and the requirements of lawful processing.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
This Policy applies to Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is defined by law as any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” is likewise referred to as personal information:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Information that does not identify or pertain to an individual person, such as anonymous, aggregated, or corporate data, is not covered by this Policy. We may collect, use and disclose such information in order to evaluate and improve and respond relative to donation; communicate to our affiliates, sponsors, advertiser, service contractor; or for other purposes related to the Company.
This Policy covers all Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information gathered in the course of your transactions with the Company.
The Company’s collection of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information is done through the following means, among others: interview, phone call, SMS, survey, and subscription.
The collection information above have the objective to ensure that our clients are able to reach the Company for any and all their needs in relation to their transactions with the Company.
In reaching out to our agents for any and all queries relating to your donation through phone calls and/or SMS, we reserve the right to record the communication with any of our clients.
DATA PROCESSING PROCEDURE
The Company shall ensure at all times that only authorized personnel may gain access to information and any violation to its set procedure will be accompanied by corrective measures and remedies within the Company. The Company also reserves its right to use the available legal remedies to correct any breach of protocol and procedure.
Such procedures shall also be regularly monitored, modified, and updated to ensure that the rights of the Data Subjects are respected, and that processing thereof is done fully in accordance with the Data Privacy Act, and other applicable laws and regulations.
USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may use your Personal Information and Sensitive Information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- management and administrative purposes, which may include, but shall not be limited to, processing clients’ requests as well as updates regarding the activities and programs of the Company;
- market research purposes and in order to aid in the continuous development of the programs in furtherance of the Company’s purpose which may include, but shall not be limited to the following purposes: (a) to conduct market studies or client satisfaction surveys; (b) to personalize the Company’s activities and programs, and; (c) to determine which activity or program of the Company has the best feedback;
- advertising and promotion purposes, which may include, but shall not be limited to, campaign-based registration, the use of collected information by our marketing team for promos, such as raffles, offers, incentives and other rewards if you are eligible for the same, provided that you have consented to be notified or informed of the such offers, incentives and other rewards;
- account security purposes, which may include, but shall not be limited to, notifying you of any service and security issues, preventing and detecting identity fraud, privacy breach or other crimes under the laws of the Republic of the Philippines, conducting internal audits and checking security measures in place;
- for purposes of compliance with legal and regulatory and requirements, which may include, but shall not be limited to, complying with requirements under applicable laws, rules and regulations in the Republic of the Philippines, or disclosing information to law enforcement agencies or government officials, as may be required by the said applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
- for other legitimate business purposes, which business purposes shall communicated to the clients.
Additionally, Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information may be disclosed without prior notice when the Company has a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to protect or defend the legal rights or property of the Company, other related companies or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); to protect the safety and security of other Company users or members of the public; to protect the integrity of products and services; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process.
The Company will not sell, rent, or share Personal Information with third parties for any reason other than those described above without first obtaining your consent.
The Company may share Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with our partners and 3rd party service providers which will be covered by appropriate Data Sharing Agreements required under the present law.
HOW WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Safety of all Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information collected is a top priority for the Company. We have implemented policies and procedures in accordance with the Data Privacy Act, related laws and issuances to provide an appropriate level of security for the Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information that we collect, record, update, modify, retrieve, use, store and dispose. We require that any other third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information governed by this Policy implement similar safeguards to protect Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information.
In case of data breach involving Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information collected, stored, retained and used by the Company, individual notification to the persons affected will be sent electronically or in written form, in accordance with the Company’s breach management protocol as required by Data Privacy Act, related laws and issuances.
If you have concerns about data breach involving information you have provided us, please send an email or contact our Data Protection Officer.
ACCESS AND DELETION
The Company gives you the option of editing, updating, modifying or removing your Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Information from the Company systems, which may include any and all information shared to the organization’s related companies, affiliates, related entities, partners and third party service providers.
The Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information you provide will be retained by the Company for a period of Ten (10) years or as long as necessary for a legitimate business purpose(the “Personal Data Retention Period”). After this retention period, Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information in the Company’s systems will be disposed of in accordance with provisions and procedures of applicable laws.
If you need to access, correct, update, modify or delete any Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information you have provided to the Company, please send an email or contact our Data Protection Officer.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE POLICY
From time to time, the Company may update the Policy, as necessary and without prior notice, and will post the revised policy at https://corporate.abs-cbn.com/lingkodkapamilya/privacystatement. If we make material changes to the Policy that expand our rights to collect and/or use your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information, we will notify you through the said website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to inquire on the processing of your information in relation to the Company and services, or if you wish to modify or revoke your consent to the processing of permissions granted in relation to our offered Company services, please contact us through our Data Protection Officer at:
Business Address: 6th Floor, Eugenio Lopez Jr. Communication Center, Mother Ignacia Street, Quezon City, Philippines
Contact No.: 09992260802
E-mail Address: email@example.com